Camolino rice from the "Ekor" brand is an excellent source of energy due to its high starch content, which provides a feeling of fullness.
Unlike many similar varieties, this rice does not stick together during cooking. Its neutral flavor allows it to accentuate the taste qualities of other dish components, making the dish more flavorful and delicious.
Camolino rice is rich in vitamins, minerals, fatty acids, amino acids, and antioxidants. It promotes immune system strengthening, the elimination of excess salt and water in tissues, improved sleep, and many other essential and beneficial properties for the human body.
It is gluten-free - making it an excellent choice for people with celiac disease or other dietary restrictions. In culinary applications, it pairs well with various vegetables, meat, and seafood.
1. Rice rinsing: Before cooking Camolino rice, it is recommended to rinse it under cold running water. This helps remove excess starch and improve the texture of the dish.
2. For preparing risotto or other rice-based dishes, add the required amount of liquid to a pot or pan (usually broth or water).
3. Cook over moderate heat: Season to taste with salt. Then reduce the heat to a moderate level and cover the pot with a lid.
4. Allow the Camolino rice to absorb the liquid slowly, stirring the dish regularly. This process typically takes about 15-20 minutes, but the cooking time may vary depending on the recipe.
*Sautéing (optional): Risotto recipes may include a sautéing step after parboiling the rice with the addition of other ingredients such as onions, garlic, or butter to enhance the flavor of the dish.
5. Serving: The cooked Camolino rice can be garnished with fresh herbs, cheese, or other ingredients according to your preference and served hot.